Wednesday, June 8, 2016 from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. marks the 7th Annual Stay Day: The Student Experience Conference. Student Affairs is proud to host another dynamic conference that brings together student services professionals, administrators, and faculty who are committed in enhancing the student experience. 18 registration spots are still available; if you have not registered, here’s your chance! Check out the draft of the program schedule and workshop descriptions here.
The Stay Day Conference launched in 2009, during the last economic recession. Vice Chancellor Harry Le Grande was committed to bring the campus together and provide continued professional development during a time when conference travel was placed on hold due to the budget. Additionally, he wanted the focus to be on the student experience at Cal; presenters would be from UC Berkeley who were experts in their field. After all–who better to learn from, than from those who work day in and day out with our students?
Fast forward seven years, and the conference has continued to grow and become even more dynamic. What started out as a conference of 150 attendees has now grown to over 400! Here is a snapshot of the 2015 Stay Day Conference:
Here are some new facts about the 2016 Stay Day Conference:
- Pecha Kucha will serve as the opening session, with four out of the six speakers being from Student Affairs! Pecha Kucha is a series of short presentations of 20 slides, 20 seconds per slide. Each presenter will share a story about what inspires them to action. We are proud of our SA colleagues who will take the mic that morning:
- Alfred Day, Office of the Dean of Students
- Don MacGregor, Residential and Student Service Programs
- Chrissy Roth-Francis, New Student Services
- Kun Yang, Learning & Development
- For the first time, we will host Stay Day at the new ASUC Student Union
- 17 of our presenters and half of our attendees are from the Division of Student Affairs!
Don’t miss out on being a part of one of the largest campus community building events dedicated to our students. We’ll see you on June 8th!